Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meh

So, I finally overcame one hurdle of pregnancy: I threw up. In all fairness, I'm not sure if it was b/c of the monster migraine I had (from about 5pm Sat. till the next day) or morning sickness, but puke it was. It did worry John a little bit, mostly b/c I had just taken a bite of fruit cocktail w/ cherries and he thought it was blood, but it was cherries. This was Sunday. I spent most of Sunday in bed (under the influence of Tylenol, which does nothing for migraines) or stretched out on the recliner.



As a result of my throwing up, I informed my friend Susan, that I was sticking the pins back in her voodoo doll. She (and others) keep telling me that morning sickness doesn't necessarily stop magically at 3 months. I don't know why people insist on telling women this. Telling me about someone they know who threw up everyday for 8 of the 9 months she was pregnant does not make me feel better. Then again, knowing someone who didn't throw up or generally feel miserable during some point of pregnancy doesn't help either.



I spent some time earlier looking at family photos I have on my computer. I have long said that we were cute kids, but puberty was very hard on the Hurt kids. This is my favorite picture of my youngest brother when he was a baby. It looks like Dad is strangling him. He was a cute baby, too bad he had to grow up (hehe love you Winky!).

I was esp cute when I was a kid, but then again, when compared to my brothers, of course I was. A girl vs 4 boys will always win in the cuteness department.

Work on our bathroom is going. It's going slowly, but that's probably b/c I still can't do any heavy lifting. I'm still on the dr restriction, but thankfully we had our friend Chris over during the weekend and he pitched in (while I did less strenuous stuff downstairs). We now have drywall up on 2 walls. Eventually I'll get my shower.

Winter is closing in. This morning when I woke up, we had a light dusting of snow on the grass. It didn't stick to the roads, but it was 28 degrees F when I woke up this morning. Now, if that were Celsius, I would be happy, but not in Fahrenheit. The outside even smells crisp and cold, like winter. My toes are already freezing. I really don't like cold weather.

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on the cold weather front. It is freezing here!
    That picture of Lincoln is adorable. I thought, "who is that baby being strangled?" How is your father holding him!?
    Hey, be thankful people aren't telling you gloom and doom stories while pregnant. Granny always had something "nice" to tell me about some other pregnant woman she knew. Then I would worry to death. She would always pop these stories on me during my 8th month and the baby became less active.
    Hopefully your morning sickness will start to disappear before the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete