Friday, November 7, 2008

Little Bit of This an' that


So Tuesday was election day and John and I walked down to vote. I felt all self important, doing my civic duty to elect the president. We'd done our research and looked at all the candidates to see who believed in the same things that we do and made sure we could remember their names. We get to the polling place and only waited a little while before we voted. They explained, again, how to use the machine before allowing me to vote. After we voted, we walked home (on the way home I realized it took longer to walk to the polling place and back then it did to vote) discussing the election. I was just ready to not have to watch the commercials again b/c they made me cry (stupid hormones!). My pride in myself lasted until I woke up in the morning and realized that only 1 person that I voted for got elected. I apologize to all of the candidates I voted for.
I've also been thinking about Thanksgiving. A tradition we've started since being married is having it at our house, no matter what. When we moved into John's old house (the one he grew up in) we started inviting his parents b/c they are close by (we also invite my parents, but it seems like except for one year they always have an excuse). This year I'm probably not going to be allowed heavy lifting (turkey? HEAVY) or staying on my feet too long so maybe we'll go to my parent's house or just eat pizza. I'm pretty sure at this point neither of us care.
Here's something embarrassing that happened today. I went to the bank this morning and since I'm not supposed to be walking a lot, John dropped me off on his way to work. I get everything done super fast b/c it's 8am and hardly anyone's there. I walk home listening to my mp3 player and generally feeling good. I walk in the door and the first thing I do (and have done for a while) is change back into my pj bottoms. As I do this, I realize something: my pants were not zipped up. All I can hope for is that my shirt was low enough to hide this. I guess this is one of the joys of being pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh. As far as cooking, I am sure you can do that. I have had a few high riskers and never had problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents were here in early November and INSISTED on eating out THE WHOLE TIME. One night, after we had stuffed ourselves with dinner at a Mexican place, my dad just HAD to stop at a 50s diner for malted milkshakes. I had forgotten that at the Mexican place, I had unbuttoned and unzipped my pants. My stuffed belly had expanded sufficiently to keep me from noticing this as we exited the restuarant and drove to the next restuarant. But as I walked through restuarant number 2 and climbed up onto one of the barstools I could tell something was wrong. Yeah, my pants were working their way loose and my button/zipper were wide open. Nice.

    ReplyDelete