Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let the Holidays begin!

Thursday was Thanksgiving. John's parents had Thanksgiving at his sister's house, which I'm sure they enjoyed. John and I had a very low key dinner at our house, I made all the side dishes the day before and John put the ham on the morning of. After we ate ourselves into a food coma (not really, eating too much makes me sick) we went to my parent's house to do pretty much nothing. I did bring tupperware w/ me so I could take home leftovers (re: turkey) and not have to worry about returning anything. I was disappointed at the lack of choc pie, but they had plenty of others to satisfy us.

We stayed long enough to listen to my cousin Larry come over and lay out the plan to conquer Black Friday. I'm really glad I had my Christmas shopping done and wrapped. Unfortunetly, John decided he had to go out on Black Friday and he needed company. Nothing I could say would talk him out of it. The morning of I was feeling crappy, heartburn was killing me. We got up, went to Wal-mart, got what he wanted (drill, socket kit, shop vac) paid and left. While walking to the truck, I started to feel worse. The heartburn was killing me, despite all the Tums I had taken. Naturally, of course, I threw up 2xs in the Wal-mart parking lot. John was very good, he rubbed my back and resisted the temptation to walk on ahead of me while pretending not to know me. Even throwing up couldn't stop Black Friday shopping. We kept shopping. I did manage to go back to bed after we were done and slept for 4 hrs. Hopefully, this is the last time I go shopping on Black Friday.

Despite all of the holiday foods, I'm still losing weight. According to the scales I have at home, I've lost 3 more pounds. I think it's mostly b/c I've got heartburn like no other. We had to elevate the head of the bed today to hopefully help me get a better night sleep. I guess it's a good thing I can no longer tolerate really spicy foods (or really, any foods that have flavor) or else I might be in trouble.

On the upside, John thinks I'm starting to show just a smidge. I can't tell, but then again, I'm looking everyday to see if I am. You can't see changes everyday. All I know is my pants don't fit anymore.

2 comments:

  1. You guys need to black friday with us next year. We can cover way more ground!!!
    On the heartburn front. I had that with 4 pregnancies. Once the gall bladder was removed, I haven't had i anymore. Ask your doc for a zantac prescription. It worked wonderfully for me. I do hope this helps because I know that awful feeling.

    ReplyDelete