Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And the world continues to go 'round and 'round

I'm not sure if my baby hates me or not. All I know, baby doesn't like the food mommy likes. I thought I was over morning sickness, but I've moved onto something completely different. Anytime I look at food, I feel sick. Worse, if I eat said food, I get the dry heaves. Today just walking to my kitchen I almost threw up. Almost as in, I felt the vomit all the way up my throat. I really tried to get to the sink (b/c the trash can was full, trash day) so I wouldn't have to clean the floor, but luckily, nothing happened. John still finds this funny (but worries that I'm not able to eat anything other than fruit cocktail, pizza and occasionally things like Wheat Thins), but I surprisingly do not.

This morning I had a bad dry heave attack. My sister in law, Kim, told me when she was preggers, peppermint helped her. I was feeling nausea's and thought, "I have some peppermint candy a friend left, so I'll try some of that". Oh how wrong I was. Less than 10 minutes later, I had thrown the candy away and was loudly (b/c that's how I throw up/dry heave, loudly) dry heaving over a trash can. I am so not trying that trick again.

One thing that is amazing are all the old wife's tales that abound. I still have 4 weeks before we can find out the gender, but that doesn't stop people from speculating. Kim told me today that because of my heaving, I'm having a boy. My cousin Marsha told me recently I'm having a girl b/c the girl wants to make me as ugly as possible in Dad's eye. Not sure if I believe either of them, but they have a 50/50 chance of being right ;)

Since I'm now 4 months along, we felt it safe to start telling people about my pregnancy, esp since I'm going to start showing within the month. It was unusual to have all these people coming up and congratulating me. One comment that I really don't like and for some reason have gotten at least 3xs is, "was it planned". What does it matter if the baby was planned or not (which, it totally was)? I guess some people just can't stop asking rude questions.

Another rude question that I got a lot that really bugs me (pre-baby), "when are you going to have a baby?" or even better, "Are you pregnant?" Of course, it's better than a friend of mine who had gotten a lecture from someone she went to church with on how it's against God's plan to wait to have babies. She just looked at the lady and lied to her. Told her she couldn't have kids, just to make her feel bad. She knew it was wrong of her to do, but it is so rude!

On to a different subject. John is encouraging me to make a baby quilt. It's actually not a bad suggestion considering I'm still really tired (as in, I sit down and wake up 3 hours later) and can't do as much as I used to pre baby. I found a really cute, but easy pattern online called Funky Monkey. I probably won't use monkey material (I plan on going thru all the fabric my mother in law and mom have and pick out animal prints), but I think it will look cute once I'm done w/ it. I have 5 months to complete it and it should be fun.

Hopefully, all will keep going good. Life is good, I have a baby in the belly and a loving husband in my home. I don't know how life can get better.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't say you were having a girl, just said that was the wive's tale. Although Ruby made me exceptionally ill.
    Your vomitting stories made me laugh. I can remember eating Lucky Charms when I was pregnant with Savannah. Deane and I were talking and mid sentence I had to run to the restroom. Oh it was awful.
    Good luck on the quilt. I am 2 kids behind, but it is a fun and neat tradition.

    ReplyDelete