Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

When John and I got married, we decided Thanksgiving would be @ our house. We would invite our families to join us, but we would stay @ home. It's worked out really well since we don't have to take home any leftovers, just pack up our fridge.

This year we had John's parents and the missionaries over. I put the turkey in @ 3:30am this morning and it was done @ 9am. By the time we were ready to eat, the turkey was so tender it fell apart as we were getting out of the roaster and onto the plate.

This year was esp special b/c it was the Boss's first Thanksgiving. I gave her a spoonful of mashed potatoes, but she didn't like them. It almost looked like she was going to spit them out, but she swallowed them. The face she made was hilarious!

We went down to my parents to look @ the Black Friday ads, but we didn't really see anything we couldn't live w/out. I personally have all of my Christmas shopping done, all that's left is wrapping it. John still has some left (mostly for me!), but he'll get it done before the big day. We are actually going to let the Boss play w/ her Christmas presents before Christmas and wrap the boxes up, b/c @ this age, she'll like playing w/ the paper.

Since this is a season of thanks, I would like to thank John for all the time he spent today playing w/ the Boss so I could get dinner ready (he was also really handy for getting the leaf in the table and getting the turkey outta the roaster, he's such a handy guy). I don't know where I'd be w/ out John, but it wouldn't be as fun of a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment