Friday, October 2, 2009

The Weather and more

John always makes fun of me for my ability to freeze in the summer (really, anything below 75 degrees is freezing). He usually kicks up the teasing in the Autumn. I think I might not survive this winter. It's the 2nd of October and it's already getting down to 40 degrees at night. Usually there is a slow downgrade to freezing, but not this year.

One bad thing about cold weather, it makes me not want to move. Maybe I'm part reptile, or @ least something cold blooded. The only thing that gets me moving faster is the call of my alarm clock aka the Boss. The cold weather also has me worried about her being too cold. Since she can't have a blanket (and not that she'd allow one to stay on her for longer than 5 seconds) we've turned the heat on earlier for her. We also bought her her own carbon monoxide detector since we use natural gas heat.

On other news (besides me freezing to death), the Boss is starting to be more mobile. I can put her under her play mat and walk out of the room. When I return 5 mins later, she'll be almost 2 feet away. She's not crawling, but she's scooting. She's been rolling around for a while, so that's not a big deal.

She also might be teething. She had a low high grade fever. For those of you who don't understand, according to the Boss's Dr, a high fever is 100.5 degrees and her fever was 100.9. It went down and the dr checked her for swine flu (doesn't have). The older women @ church have decided that means she's teething.

While she was sick (and her mama) her papa was trying to entertain her and accidentally taught her to blow raspberries. This is now her favorite thing to do now. She blows raspberries to everyone. Naturally, John hands her to me a lot and complains about how she's spitting on him.

This weekend I'm going to be making her Halloween costume. She's going to be a duck. She won't be getting any candy, but we'll be showing her off to some of the people in the neighborhood. I'm actually really excited about Halloween this year for that reason. It's interesting to see the holidays thru the eyes of your child, even if they don't know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment