Monday, June 8, 2009

Updates from the zombie parents

OK, the Boss is asleep, so I think I have 5 secs before she wakes up and demands a feeding or her diaper changed (she poops her pants and then gets mad @ me b/c she has poop in her pants). Life is changing, but I think we're both adjusting well to parenthood. I've discovered how seductive the bed is @ 2am in the morning when you've just gotten to sleep @ 12am. I've also discovered I have to have permission to use the bathroom or shower. I've just had to settle down the Boss after using the bathroom w/out permission. She was in the room w/ me and just screaming, but I had to potty! She's using me as a pillow now, but guaranteed, if I put her in her swing she'll wake up upset b/c that's not where she wanted to sleep.

Life w/ a baby isn't all that bad. She does let me get a nap most mornings and she does seem to settle down pretty quickly when she's upset. She does have a very laid back attitude, which is fun. She's also exhibiting teenager facial expressions. She's done everything short of rolling her eyes. My MIL swears the Boss's expressions are copies of her mom's. That's cool. I've come to terms w/ the fact that the only thing she inherited from me is my monkey toes. She looks exactly like her daddy, has 1 of his cowlicks (unfortunately, it's the entire back of her head) and even her hair gets wavy when it's washed.

We took her yesterday to church for the 1st time for her blessing (or what other churchs call christening). Everyone was amazed @ how much hair she has. She wore the same gown I wore to my blessing and was very well behaved during it. My biggest fear was for her to have a bowel movement during the blessing. For those who don't know, newborns have really loud poops. You can hear it across the room and that's funny when you're @ home, but embarrassing when you're in public.

I think that's it for this update. I'll try and post some more pics of the Boss @ a later date, but I'm scared if I move she'll wake up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the invite. We had a lot of fun and loved seeing Elizabeth. She is such a pretty baby.

    ReplyDelete