Wednesday, April 8, 2009

more baby news

I had another drs appt today. I'm far enough along to be seen every week. Last week the dr I saw noticed I was measuring small (according to my dad, you can hardly tell I'm pregnant). He ordered an ultrasound just to make sure nothing was wrong. We're starting to see the light @ the end of the tunnel and I like to know about things in advance so I can wrap my Drama Queen mind around it.

B/c today's drs appt included an ultrasound, I invited mom and dad to come w/ me. Dad decided to stay in the car stating he didn't like all this "girly stuff" while mom was practically dancing to see her newest grandchild. We were taken in actually pretty quickly for the ultrasound (Mom made sure she had a VHS tape to tape it). This ultrasound wasn't like the last one I had, little one actually stayed still as the tech measured (and she didn't even laugh when mom squealed "Look, she has a femur!"). My only complaint (which isn't really a complaint) was the fact she was facing my back hiding her face. The tech assured me she's "assumed the position".

The one burning question I've had for a while, how much does she weigh was answered today. As of 2pm today, she weighs 6lbs 10 ozs. That's a pretty hefty size for me. Mom assured me she would grow @ least a pound more before she makes her big entrance. The tech also told us she has hair. We hope (or @ least I do) that she has red hair, but chances are she'll have black hair just like Daddy.

She's due May 9th, so we only have maybe 1 month left until we see our new little girl. It's scariest and most exciting thing to happen since my marriage.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and enjoy reading your thoughts on all this.
    Just so you know, their measurements are never accurate. Larry's ultrasound showed him to weigh only 3 lbs the very day he was born. He was 5 lbs and 9 ounces so that was way off. And Savannah's assumed she was a little more than 6 pounds but she was 7lbs 13 ounces. Then there was my Xander. Whew. No one ever made guesses on his size because I was HUGE! Anyways, he was born 1 week early and weighed a hefty 8 lbs 13 ounces.
    I am sure you won't have one that big because you do look small, but six pounds or 8, it is all huge when the time comes.
    Good luck and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete